Since our politician still can’t decide anything alone we receive a lot of foreign politicians in Lebanon. One of our regular guest in the French foreign minister Bernard Kouchner, we got used to seeing him once a month on TV since the crisis started so here are some facts about him that might interest you.
- He is the co-founder of Medecin sans frontiere (Doctors without borders) and Doctors of the world.
- He worked as humanitarian volunteer during the siege of the Nabaa camp in Lebanon (1975).
- He worked closely with Imam Moussa El Sadr.
- He tried to broker a cease fire between Aoun and Geagea in 88.
- His son stayed in Lebanon for a Month after the last war to participate in the relief efforts in Khyam.
- He is born from a Jewish Father and a Protestant Mother.