One of the activities you cannot do in Lebanon is skydive. During the last two years a company managed to bring in a skydiving team and performed tandem jumps for a couple of days but the experience was expensive and I’m not sure of how good it was.
In order to skydive you have to travel abroad and that’s what I did on two occasions, once to Turkey and once to Dubai.
In my opinion everyone should skydive at least once! It’s an awesome experience and believe me when I say that it is not scary!
To skydive the weather has to be good and this is what makes traveling to skydive a little risky. Two of my friends had their jumps canceled at the last minute because of bad weather. So in order to maximize your chances of jumping try to do it as soon as you get to the country. This way if the weather turns out to be bad you’ll have the possibility of postponing the jump for another day.
I performed my first tandem jump in Ephesus, Turkey 2 years ago. I went skydiving with a friend, we payed around 1000$ per person. The price included the Beirut – Istanbul – Izmir 2 ways tickets, the hotel (3 days) and the jump. When I contacted the dropzone in Ephesus they asked me to contact Skyline Group in Lebanon, they took care of all the reservations for us so contact them if you’re interested.
Video sound muted by youtube
My second jump was in Dubai. That jump was SO much better in my opinion. The free-fall time was longer and overall it was a better experience. Skydiving in Dubai costs more but it is worth it. Contact Skydive Dubai if you want to skydive in Dubai.
Describing the experience is a little difficult to do and I won’t even try to do it, but I hope the videos above help you choose where you want to go to for skydiving. What’s certain is that those are not your only options, if you are traveling search for a dropzone in the country you are visiting and jump, You won’t regret it!
I am going to go skiing today, I am waiting for my friends to come pick me up but 2 of them didn’t wake up on time so we are still waiting for them to be ready. I already went skiing the first day the slopes opened (last Thursday) and the snow wasn’t in a very good condition. On the end of the slopes it was a mix of snow and mud, at the middle it was frozen and at the top it was normal but not great. I just checked the webcam on Skileb and apparently the condition of the slopes didn’t improve a lot but I hope we will have fun.
Eurosport has a nice list of possible scenarios for the Formula one final race this season in Brazil:
Lewis Hamilton will be champion if:
- He finishes first or second
- He finishes third with Alonso 2nd or lower
- He finishes fourth with Alonso 2nd or lower
- He finishes fifth with Alonso 2nd or lower (they would be tied on points, but Hamilton would win tie-break based on second places)
- He finishes sixth with Alonso 3rd or lower and Raikkonen 2nd or lower
- He finishes seventh with Alonso 3rd or lower and Raikkonen 2nd or lower (Alonso and Hamilton would be tied on points, but Hamilton would win tie-break based on second places)
- He finishes eighth with Alonso 4th or lower and Raikkonen 3rd or lower (Alonso and Hamilton would be tied on points, but Hamilton would win tie-break based on second places)
Fernando Alonso will be champion if:
- He wins and Hamilton finishes 3rd or lower (Alonso would win tie break 5-4 on wins)
- He finishes second with Hamilton 6th or lower
- He finishes third with Hamilton 8th or lower and Raikkonen 2nd or lower
- He finishes fourth with Hamilton not-scoring and Raikkonen 3rd or lower
- Anything lower than fourth means Hamilton currently has more points
Kimi Raikkonen will be champion if:
- He wins with Hamilton 6th or lower and Alonso 3rd or lower (if Hamilton 6th, Kimi wins 6-4 on wins tie-break)
- He finishes second with Hamilton 8th and Alonso 4th or lower (both would result in tie that Kimi wins 5-4 on victories tie-break)
- Anything lower than third means Hamilton currently has more points
Personally I hope Hamilton gets the title! He is a great driver and deserves it after the great season he did!
We all remember the headbutt Zidane did to Materazzi in last year’s world cup final, back then we didn’t know why he did it, but now we do! Materazzi revealed what happened to an Italian Magazine and here’s the story:
During the game Materazzi gripped Zidane’s T-shirt for a moment, so Zidane told him that if he wanted it that much he would give it to him after the Match so Materazzi replied: “I prefer the whore that is your sister,” and you know the rest!